Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: American girl club age

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ams37's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2006
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My dd is 7 1/2. Do you think she is too young to join the club? We do read the books, but what else is out there for her? I love this site, I am learning so much. Kylie loves everybody's photos. She wants to put hers up but I am technically challenged so we'll have to wait for dad to help.

  2. #2
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    I bought my DD the club last summer when she was 7 and a half. She has fun doing the projects to earn stars and then spending her stars to get cool club items. She sends messages back and forth with her cousin through the club as well.

    There should be a virtual tour on the AG club website that will walk you through what the club offers. I'd say check that out, but I know that my DD has a blast with the club! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MOM to JILLIAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    684
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think 7.5 would be a great age for the AG Club. The first year is $20 to join and renewal is only $10. On top of that, you get a $10 off coupon for joining/renewing each year. My DD is only 5.5, but we have still gotten our money's worth out of the club. She loves the games and we've enjoyed doing some of the activities together. You also get great AG Freebies for being a club member. So far we've gotten a free charm keeper and 4 sets of the AG necklace sets for girls and dolls. I think it is a GREAT deal!

    By the way, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!

  4. #4
    Inactive Member kreed's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2006
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    I highly agree. The AG Club is appropriate for all ages. I don't think I would recommend it for any girl that is not able to read the AG books on their own (or with little help).
    I love the security of the site. I also appreciate that the girl's activities are wholesome and encourage family time.
    My daughter likes to see how many points she can save. She has ordered a few items from the club, so the $20 fee has already paid for itself.
    Enjoy.

  5. #5
    monimarine
    Guest monimarine's Avatar

    Post

    Awesome! PM me if your daughter wants trade treasures to earn stars and she can trade them with my DD. [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kitandkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 23rd, 2006
    Posts
    949
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My sister is also seven and a half and she got the club membership for her seventh birthday. She likes it alot and I think her favorite part is sending messages. The only problem we have though, is her budgeting her stars - sometimes we have to remind her that the treasures aren't real and the outfit is, so it's better to save up for the outfit than buy a treasure right away. I like the club but I think it's better for younger girls (I'm 16) - I just use it to get free stuff for my dolls!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member ams37's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2006
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ok she's in the club and loving it. My husband is wary about the chat part though. Has anyone had any problems with that?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member jlogemann17's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    483
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My girls are 8 & 10 and both love the AG Club. They enjoy writing to some of the other girls- usually just a paragraph or less at a time, and playing the games and doing the star activities. I say "GO FOR IT!" I'm sure your daughter would enjoy it as well.

    Jo

  9. #9
    Inactive Member ams37's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2006
    Posts
    161
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    thanks everyone, I think we'll join after school today

  10. #10
    Inactive Member cowgirlsue's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2006
    Posts
    391
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We joined the club last summer when my DD turned 6. She'd been an independent reader for quite a while, and has enjoyed the club. Her only frustration is that the profile ages start with age 7, so she's felt like she's been lying about her age on her club profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •